One of the big drawbacks in having moved the blog to the new hosting is that I orphaned some 450 email followers. However, if you want to get the blog delivered to your email every day (when I post, anyway!) then that’s pretty easy to set back up. If you look below the text of this post you’ll notice there are two options. One is to fill in like you are signing up to comment (if you do comment and it doesn’t appear right away, that’s because I have it set to manually approve the first comment anyone makes on the blog. Keeps the spammers at bay) and then click the button that says ‘get blog posts by email.”
The other option is to scroll down a little further and subscribe to blog via email. Two things: one, I haven’t got any inclination to collect anyone’s info and sell it. I’m too lazy, and I hate that sort of things myself, so I wouldn’t do it to you. Second, I don’t even have access to the ‘follows blog’ list, which is why I was unable to let all the people know what was going on after the blog was moved in the first place.
Now, you may be wondering why you should do this. You don’t have to. I’m not going to make you, nor would I ask you if you subscribe to my blog if we ever meet in person. But for me, I like getting my blogs in the email, because on a busy day I can read them without the slow process of loading them on a mobile browser for either my phone or tablet. Email posts are nice that way, and I have several blogs I get in the morning and read throughout the day. If you’re really curious (or just asking for a friend) it doesn’t show up in my stats when someone reads via email without visiting the site. But I’m not terribly concerned about my site hits, I’m not trying to sell advertising here.
And before I go, a question. Currently the loose week’s schedule is as follows:
- Monday – Writing or Publishing material
- Tuesday – Art, either article or visual
- Wednesday – Curmudgeon’s Corner or Cedar Musing
- Thursday – Snippets or work in progress, and Cedar’s Otherwhere Gazette post
- Friday – Book reviews
- Saturday – I’m at Mad Genius Club, and a link round-up
- Sunday – Food, recipe, restaurant review, or something else. I’m currently running a long series of “Eat This While you Read That’ linking authors and their books with favorite recipes they have given me. This combines my three passions of reading, cooking, and photography.
If you’re a regular reader, is there anything you’d like to see changed up on that schedule? Added, taken away? I write this blog for you, my readers, and I want to keep you happy and coming back.